MAPCU members comprise of Malaysian Private Universities & University Colleges, Private Colleges, and Foreign Branch Campus Universities.
- Private Universities & University Colleges
- Award their own degrees and other qualifications
- Undertake Research, Development & Commercialisation
- Offer specialised areas of study for e.g. technology, business, etc.
- Private Colleges
- Long tradition (since the 1950’s) of offering a range of study options from universities in UK, Australia, US, New Zealand, Canada
- Renowned for introducing twinning and transfer degree programmes
- Foreign Branch Campus Universities
- Award their own degrees that are identical to that of the host university
The Malaysian Association Of Private Colleges And Universities has 53 Ordinary Members, 12 Associate Members and 3 Branch Members comprising of private colleges and institutes from all over the country. All of MAPCU's members have a common goal, that is to promote Malaysia as a regional centre for excellence in education.