This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how and why the Malaysian Association of Private Colleges & Universities (MAPCU) obtains, stores, processes and protects the privacy of your personal information under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, Malaysia. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us in the course of your dealings with us.
We may update this policy from time to time and shall indicate on the Website when changes have been made.
In this privacy statement, "we" and "us" shall refer to MAPCU.
. Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you processed by MAPCU, including without limitation your name, age, gender, nationality, identity card/passport number, your contact details, your image or photograph, your academic and professional credentials, and all such other information which may identify you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by MAPCU from time to time and also includes sensitive personal data (as identified below).
MAPCU may collect or obtain your Personal Data from a variety of sources including without limitation when:-
- you register as a member;
- you register for marketing events, forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training courses, with MAPCU either through MAPCU directly or through your employer;
- your photo or video recording is used for the purpose of publicity & publications, or for MAPCU’s records, as deemed relevant.
MAPCU may not be able to process your membership application or seminar or conference attendance should you not provide your Personal Data where required, and you may not be able to attend the marketing events, forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training courses, conducted by or through MAPCU.
2 . Purposes of Processing Personal Data
MAPCU may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of MAPCU which shall include to:-
- process your application to register as a member;
- process your application to enroll in forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training courses;
- communicate with you in relation to your membership or related to the forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training courses;
- identify, provide and/or promote to you products and services that are or may be offered by MAPCU or its partners, such as other businesses or certification bodies;
- publish your name and membership number in MAPCU’s annual report;
- invite you to events and functions organised by MAPCU;
- comply with statutory or legal obligations.
- take your photograph or picture at events/functions/training sessions organised by MAPCU for non-profit making reasons including newsletter, annual report, Website, and social media platforms/social networking sites;
MAPCU may contact you for the Purposes through telephone calls, emails, text messaging, post, facsimile, social media or any other form of communication available.
You agree and consent to MAPCU using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified from (i). to (viii). above.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
MAPCU may disclose or share your Personal Data as may be required with:
- third party service providers for the purposes of carrying out their services;
- partners in identified events and activities,
- external auditors;
- regulatory authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
4. Links to Third-Party Websites
5. Acknowledgement and Consent
By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide their personal data to MAPCU and you have obtained their consent for their personal data to be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
MAPCU shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with MAPCU, by using MAPCU’s services or continuing to be a member of MAPCU following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the version in English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
6. Personal Data Access & Correction Requests
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request access or correction to your Personal Data held by MAPCU, submit your queries or complaints about the processing of your Personal Data, limit the processing of your Personal Data withdraw your consent by contacting:-
MALAYSIAN ASSOCIATION OF PRIVATE COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES (MAPCU)
c/o International Medical University
126, Jalan Jalil Perkasa 19
57000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 86569980
Fax: +603 86569981